***Join our Chatter group - CLICK HERE!***
Sky Wellbeing helps to make Sky a great place to work. Please visit our website for more health & wellbeing information.
"If you can keep yourself physically fit and mentally alert, and have time to relax, then you will perform better than people who work every minute of the day and never manage to break away from work." - Sir Richard Branson
The Facts - Healthy employees = a healthy business
- People in "good" health are up to 20% more productive than those in "poor" health (1)
- Health promotion programmes can have a positive impact on employee health producing a return of £6.19 for every £1 invested (2)
- Workplace absence stands at 8 days per employee, costing the average employer £666 per employee per year (3)
- The annual economic costs of sickness absence and worklessness are estimated to be over £100 billion
- Individuals with five or more risk factors are twice as likely to be absent from work that individuals with two risk factors (4)
We would appreciate your feedback and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boles M, Pelletier B, Lynch W. The relationship between health risks and work productivity. J Occup Environ Med 2004: vol 46(7); pages 737-745.
- Mills, P.R., Kessler, R.C., Cooper, J., & Sullivan, S. Impact of a health promotion program on employee health risks and work productivity. Am J of Health Promot 2007: vol 22 (1): pages 45-53.
- CIPD annual absence management survey 2008
- Musich S, Hook D, Baaner S, Edington DW. The association of two productivity measures with health risks and medical conditions in an Australian employee population. Am J Health Promot 2006: vol 20; pages 353-363